Thursday, May 31, 2007

No TV!

So for the first time on the trip I have no access to TV. It's pretty pathetic that I really felt the need for TV, but I think it's turning out to be a good thing. It's giving me some time to think and to drink a little too much. I am at an RV park just out side of Lassen Volcanic National Park. I arrived today in the early afternoon.

The drive over here from Fortuna was quite interesting. Crossing the coastal range in a 32 ft RV towing a car made for a slow trip. There were many 6, 7 and 8% grades over the mountains. When I reached the Trinity river things smoothed out, but the road remained very twisty! It was nice too get away from the ocean, since the cold fog went away and I was greeted with the Sun for the first time in 4 days!

I am now officially heading east! Guess that means that my trip is at least half over! Good bye West Coast, I'll miss you. Tomorrow I plan on hitting Lassen Volcanic National Park; not sure what I'll do the next day. After that I head through Nevada to Idaho. I hear there is good Mountain Biking there!

Well time to get back to drinking!

No comments: