Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Is anyone reading my blog?

I'm not sure anyone is reading this blog, since the cluster map I added hasn't recorded any visits. It may be that the cluster map isn't working, so if you have visited, please post a comment.

BTW Since my last post I visited Lassen Volcanic National Park for 3 days, spent one night in Winnemucca, NV and I am now in Boise, Idaho. I'm getting the RV serviced tomorrow and then head off to dry camp north of Sun Valley for 4 nights, where I'll have no Internet access.

Lassen Volcanic national park is supposed to be a mini Yellowstone, but it was too early in the season since most of the trail were still closed due to snow. In fact the park didn't open until Memorial Day due to snow, and last year they didn't open until July. I did take a 2 hour hike up a trail, but had to turn back because I lost track of the trail in the snow.

The drive from Lassen through Winnemucca to Boise was very boring. It's basically desert the whole way! At one point along the way from Winnemucca to Boise there was a section of road where there were no services for 100 miles. You don't want to be low on gas on that road! I swear there wasn't a single curve in the road for over 30 miles. I was worried I would fall asleep at the wheel. I would have pulled my hair out from boredom, that's if I had any hair! Today it rained all day, so Barley and I just drove around Boise National Forest for 6 hours. It is actually it's the first rain that I have encountered since Austin, TX 4 weeks ago!

Well, I may abandon posting to this blog, it no one is actually reading it.

Please post a comment if you are.

Thanks.

2 comments:

blogreader said...

Of course we are reading your blog. You should post more often

jk said...

Speaking for the SMSR gang - we are reading the blog. We are posting it on the bulletin board for others to read. Several of the PRS guys are also reading the blog.