Thursday, May 10, 2007

Moab RV Life!

It’s Thursday at 2:30 and 89 degrees in the shade in Moab, Utah. Aimee and I visited the Canyon Lands today; it was very picturesque! Previously we were in Mesa Verde, Colorado, which was pretty cold. In fact, on our drive up to Mesa Verde we drove through a Snow Squall!
Here's an evening shot of Mesa Verde ->
We haven’t gotten much hiking in yet, since all the National Parks we have been in so far don’t allow dogs on the trail. Tomorrow we plan on going to Arches National park and we’ll be leaving Barley in the RV in air-conditioned comfort. However, I did get my first Mountain Bike ride in at Phil’s World, just outside of Mesa Verde. Riders on mtbr.com have rated it 5 Chili’s, but I didn’t think it rated more than 3.5 Chili’s. It’s just a little more difficult than Shaffer Farms in Gaithersburg, MD. There were some excellent whop de doo’s that you could catch air off of, but since this was my first ride since I broke my wrist, I thought the better of it. This morning in Moab, I took a short ride out of my campground into the desert wilderness. It was pretty cool to get out there early in the morning where you could see no civilization other than a natural gas pipeline. It was supposed to be a single-track trail, but not according to east coast standards. You could ride three riders abreast on this trail. Tomorrow I get up and ride the famous Moab Slick Rock trail. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

iAmMyOwnWorstEnemy said...

Hey Steig! Your pictures look great! Very beautiful. I don't know what Chilis are except for the kind you eat but I'm glad to hear you're cautious with the "whop de doo’s" and taking care of your wrist! I look forward to more posts and pics!